Recipe for vanilla custard
By François Daubinet
Preparation and rest
1 night for rest
Time to bake
Recipe for a vanilla custard for 6 people
- 75 gr of soft butter
- 50 gr of sifted powdered sugar
- 20 gr of raw almond powder
- 1 gr of fine salt
- 1 gr of fleur de sel
- 125 gr of Flour T55
- 25 gr whole eggs
- 115 gr of egg yolks
- 600 gr of whole milk
- 160 gr of UHT cream
- 2 Tahitian vanilla beans
- 120 grams of brown sugar
- 60 gr of Maizena
- A circle 4.5 cm high and 18 cm in diameter
step 1: The crispy sweet dough
- Cream the tempered butter with the sifted powdered sugar.
- Add the almond powder and fine salt.
- Add the flour and then the eggs and knead without breaking the dough.
- Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Spread the dough to a thickness of 2.5mm.
step 2: Vanilla Flank Machine
The day before, bring the milk and cream to 50°C,
- add the vanilla beans cut and scraped, mix with a whisk, film and infuse until the next day.
- The next day, strain the infusion and bring to a boil. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, Maizena and fleur de sel;
- add the egg yolks and blanch.
- Make a pastry cream.