Recipe of the tarte tatin
Time to bake
2 hours and 5 minutes
Recipe for 1 pie of 6/8 personnes
- 1 440 gr of Royal Gala apples
- 2 vanilla beans from Madagascar
- 250 gr of soft butter
- 50 gr of sifted powdered sugar
- 110 gr of flour T55
- 100 gr raw cream
- 202 gr caster sugar
- 6 gr vanilla extract with seeds
- 5 gr of lemon juice
- 2 gr of pectin NH
- Fine salt
- 1 circle of 16 cm diameter.
- 1 tatin mold
step 1: The sugar dough without darkening
- Prepare the butter in ointment and add the sifted powdered sugar and mix.
- Then add the flour and salt and mix.
- Using a piping bag, place 210 g of the device in a circle of 16 cm in diameter.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C for 35 minutes.
step 2 : The vanilla cream
- Mix the cream and vanilla, set aside.
step 3 : Candied apples 1st cooking
- Peel, seed and quarter the apples. Place them in a bowl, sprinkle the caster sugar, add the sweet butter and the split and scraped vanilla beans.
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 45 minutes at 180°C. Drain after cooking.
step 4: The pectinated juice
- Bring the water, vanilla extract, lemon juice and butter to 45°C.
- Add the caster sugar and the pectin previously mixed and bring to the boil.
- Set aside.
step 5: Candied apples 2nd cooking
- Make a dry caramel with the caster sugar, pour it to cool it to room temperature, mix it into powder. In the bottom of a 16 cm diameter tatin mould, sprinkle 45 g of caramel powder.
- Arrange the candied apple quarters in rosettes, sprinkle 10 g of caramel powder and pour 20 g of pectin juice.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes in a ventilated oven at 180°C.
Out of the oven, let it cool down to room temperature.