Recipe verrine of creamy organic green asparagus and organic soft-boiled egg
By Sébastien Monceaux
Preparation and rest
3 hours and 5 minutes
Time to bake
Recipe for verrines of 4 people
- 1 kg of organic green asparagus (45% loss in cooking and peeling)
- 3 L of water
- 75 g coarse salt
- 75 g vegetable stock
- 5 g of gelatin
- 6 ultra-fresh organic eggs
- 35% firm whipped cream
- Olive oil,
step 1: Preparation of the asparagus
- Peel the green asparagus and cook them in salted water (25 g coarse salt per liter) so that they are melting and a little firm.
- Remove the tips to about 5 cm and set them aside in about 250 g of ice water.
- Cook the tails again until they have melted. Once they are well cooked, mix them in a blender with the vegetable stock and gelatine, previously soaked in cold water.
step 2: Rest
- Leave the preparation to cool for 3 hours in the fridge.
step 3: Seasoning and preparation of poached egg
- Add the whipped cream and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Drain and cut the asparagus tips at an angle, season.
- Poach the eggs for 5 minutes and 15 seconds in simmering water.
- Spread them out and keep them in a cool place.