"Le Doux Plaisir" cocktail recipe
BY SÉBASTIEN MONCEAUX
Preparation and rest
15 minutes / 15 hours
2 to 6 hours
Recipe for 4 people
The "Happiness" tea
FAUCHON Happiness Tea combines the light astringency of a Chinese black tea with the flowery grace of a white tea. Its orange liquor is joyful, its aromatic bouquet subtle and fragile... Like happiness!
The scent of red fruits offers itself without any fuss and soon disappears behind the ephemeral perfume of the orchid. Then fleeting chocolate notes. Dream or reality?
Another sip and the same mystery plays out again!
From this magnificent tea we will make a Cocktail.
step 1 : prepare the ingredients
- Put 8g of Le Bonheur! tea in 3 muslin bags and steep for 12-15 hours in spring water.
- Create a cardamom syrup. Infuse the cardamom in boiling water and remove the muslin bag for 5 minutes. Add the sugar to the infused water. Then bring to a boil for 3 minutes and set aside in a cool place for 12 hours.
- Cut the lemons into thin slices 3 mm thick, spread them on a sheet of parchment paper and put them in the oven at 55 °C. Dehydration can take from 2 to 6 hours, depending on the thickness of the slices and their water content.
- Turn the slices every hour. Set aside in a dry place.
step 2 : the cocktail
- Slice 1/3 of a lemongrass stick, put it in the shaker and crush it.
- Take 40 g of lemon juice, pour it into the shaker with 60 g of cane syrup, about ten ice cubes, 450 cl of Le Bonheur! tea and about 60 g of raspberry puree. Then shake it all up.
- Serve in a glass with a high rim and put 20 g of raspberry puree in it.
- Add 7 to 8 ice cubes to the glass, pour about 15 cl of the mixture into each glass.
- Carefully pour in 10 to 20 cl of Champagne.