Rice with coconut milk, rhubarb compote with vanilla
and crumble with Timut pepper
de François Daubinet
1 HOUR 40 MINUTES for all three recipes
25 minutes for the crumble
Recipe for 10 persons
COCONUT MILK RICE (30 MIN)
- 600 g of whole milk
- 500 g of coconut milk
- 250 g liquid cream 35%
- 75 g wholemeal sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ Tonka bean
- 250 g of round rice Arborio
- 1 pinch of flower of salt
RHUBARB AND VANILLA COMPOTE (30 MIN)
- 1 kg rhubarb sticks
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500 g gariguette strawberries,
- 1 piece of orange
CRUMBLE WITH TIMUT PEPPER (35 MIN)
- 160 g butter ½ salt
- 120 g flour T55
- 40 g almonds powder
- 60 g brown sugar
- 30 g oatmeal
- 20 g flaked almonds
- Timu pepper
step 1 : Coconut milk rice (30 MIN)
- Blanch the round rice, drain and rinse.
- In a saucepan, pour the whole milk, coconut milk, cream and coconut sugar.
- Add the split and scraped vanilla bean, grate the ½ tonka bean, add the blanched rice and cook over medium heat until desired texture without ever stopping to stir.
- Remove the vanilla bean, add the fleur de sel, unload the rice pudding into a container and protect the preparation with a film. Keep in the refrigerator.
- Cook the rice pudding and set aside until completely cooled.
step 2 : Rhubarb compote with vanilla (30 MIN)
- Wash and peel the rhubarb, cut into small pieces of 1 to 2 cm.
- In a saucepan, place the rhubarb, add the brown sugar, the vanilla bean split and scraped, the zest of an orange, film and set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Remove the film and cook over medium heat until you have a compote-like texture. Add the hulled and cut strawberries and finish cooking. Set aside.
- Cook the compote and set aside until completely cool.
step 3 : Crumble with Timut pepper (35 MIN)
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes, add the flour, almond powder and sand the mixture. Add the brown sugar, the oat flakes, the flaked almonds and a few turns of the Timut pepper mill.
- Finish the mixture to obtain a homogeneous crumble. Spread on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 165°C.
- Make and bake the pepper crumble and set aside until completely cool.