Recipe of the chocolate and honey madeleine
By François Daubinet
Preparation and rest
15 minutes/ 1 night
Time to bake
10 à 15 minutes
- 20 g of 70% dark chocolate
- 65 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- 6 g of honey
- 20 g milk
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 65 g of flour
- 3 g of baking powder
step 1 : Preparation of the dough the day before:
- Melt the butter over low heat and boil it for 1 minute until a hazelnut color is obtained.
Step 2 :
- Finely chop the chocolate with a knife.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, caster sugar, honey, milk and cocoa powder.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into this mixture. Mix it all together and add the warm hazelnut butter, let the dough cool down and add the chopped chocolate, mix again. Then cover the dough and keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
step 3 :
- The next day, preheat your oven to 210°C (th.7)
- Using a brush, coat the moulds with melted butter and sprinkle them with flour.
- Fill the moulds at ¾ with the reserved dough using a tablespoon.
- Place the moulds on the oven rack (for a better cooking), let cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 180°C while watching the coloring of the madeleines.
- Let cool before tasting.