Recipe for cod brandade with tarragon
DE SÉBASTIEN MONCEAUX
Preparation and rest
Recipe for 8 people
1,850 kg of cod
0,2 L olive oil
1 L of ½ skimmed milk
2 cloves of garlic
400g firm-fleshed potato
50g of butter
Flower of salt
Freshly ground pepper
2.5 kg Agria potatoes
Salt & pepper
Step 1 : prepare the ingredients
Preparation of the mashed potatoes:
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large pieces.
- Cook them in a large volume of salted water until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the flesh, then drain.
- Put the potatoes through a food mill.
- Make the mashed potatoes by boiling the cream with the butter, salt and pepper, then add the mashed potatoes, whisking as you go.
- Adjust the seasoning.
Preparation of the potato opaline:
- Clarify the butter, melt it gently and recover only the yellow part.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 mm thick strips, do not wash them. Spread them out on a baking mat and season them.
- Spread the clarified butter over the potatoes and cover them with a baking sheet.
- Bake at 150 C° for 1 hour, checking regularly. The potatoes should be crispy and translucent.
Preparation of the brandade:
- Raise, remove the bones and skin from the cod.
- Poach the cod in the milk (boil it) and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Confire the garlic in olive oil over a very low heat and then pass through a sieve.
- Drain the cod and remove the leaves by hand. Add the garlic and whisk with the remaining oil.
- Add the purée and bring to the boil. Adjust the seasoning and add the chopped tarragon.