Recipe for cod brandade with tarragon
BY SÉBASTIEN MONCEAUX
Preparation and rest
Recipe for 8 people
- 1,850 kg of cod
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 1 L of ½ skimmed milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Grape seed oil
- Salt & pepper
- 400 g firm-fleshed potato
- 50 g of butter
- Flower of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2.5 kg of Agria potatoes
- 75 cl of cream
- 300 g of butter
- Salt & pepper
Step 1 : preparation of the mashed potatoes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large pieces.
- Cook them in a large volume of salted water until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the flesh, then drain.
- Put the potatoes through a food mill.
- Make the mashed potatoes by boiling the cream with the butter, salt and pepper, then add the mashed potatoes, whisking as you go.
- Adjust the seasoning.
Step 2 : preparation of the potato opaline
- Clarify the butter, melt it gently and recover only the yellow part.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 mm thick strips, do not wash them. Spread them out on a baking mat and season them.
- Spread the clarified butter over the potatoes and cover them with a baking sheet.
- Bake at 150 C° for 1 hour, checking regularly. The potatoes should be crispy and translucent.
Step 3 : preparation of the brandade
- Raise, remove the bones and skin from the cod.
- Poach the cod in the milk, boil it, and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Confire the garlic in olive oil over a very low heat and then pass through a sieve.
- Drain the cod and remove the leaves by hand. Add the garlic and whisk with the remaining oil.
- Add the mashed potatoes and bring to the boil. Adjust the seasoning and add the chopped tarragon.